Laptops, overheating?

Egg McKane 21:46 22 Jan 04

Im looking at buying a laptop but someone told me not really to bother because they can be gits for overheating when being used for a long time, & this is really abit of a negative thing to have heard. Has anyone had any problems?

andrew-216448 21:53 22 Jan 04

whoever told you that info is still living in the dark ages. modern laptops have a very good thermal control that the possibility of everheating is practically nil. even if you use the desktop replacement laptops which uses regular desktop cpu, they are practically efficient in controlling the temperature so as not to overheat.

MisterPaul 21:54 22 Jan 04

I have never had any problem with mine.

Paul

sat481 22:29 22 Jan 04

I've had mine switched on for hours and never had any problems with overheating... As pamintacake says your friend is still living in the dark ages.. The modern laptop can almost replace the desktop (except harder to upgrade). Go ahead and buy one..

Sat481

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…