Laptops that open completely flat

redraver77 20:09 PM 16 Oct 11

Looking for a new small laptop - nothing fancy or expensive but would like one that is reliable and can be opened completely flat. Any help welcomed. Thanks

onthelimit1 23:11 PM 16 Oct 11

'opened completely flat'

Why on earth would you want to do that?

northumbria61 23:13 PM 16 Oct 11

The Lenovo T400 does just that - you may be able to find one on Ebay or a refurbished one. Image here enter link description here

Woolwell 12:43 PM 17 Oct 11

redraver77 may want a laptop that opens flat to put in front of a connected monitor.

onthelimit1 13:16 PM 17 Oct 11

Ah, that hadn't crossed my mind.

redraver77 23:37 PM 17 Oct 11

thx heard about the t400, wasn't sure if there was any other model out there. new rather than refurb I guess.

Taff™ 06:46 AM 18 Oct 11

I too can't think why you want one that opens completely flat. Any laptop or netbook can be set to operate with the lid closed anyway. Maybe the only advantage I can think of is when cleaning the screen!

cocteau48 07:51 AM 18 Oct 11

Never had cause to think about it before but have discovered that my elderly Fujitsu Seimens Esprimo actually opens flat.

May be worth looking at other Fujitsu machines as they can be at the lower end of the price range.

Taff™ 08:07 AM 18 Oct 11

Lots of laptops open flat. I`ve two Acers on my desk, one does but the other doesn't. It all depends on the chassis design. Like cocteau48 I've got an old Fujitsu that does and I'm pretty sure some HP Compaqs have the same design feature. The problem however is identifying them before buying. No manufacturer seems to disclose this information on feature lists.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?