Laptops need access to multiple printers

maz75 18:26 26 Feb 14

The school I work at has decided to get rid of the central printer/copier that we have a install smaller units in classes. On the whole, this is great for the user. However, we have a bank of laptops which are used by four different classes. So every time a laptop is used in a different room it is going to have to be able to print to one of the 4 new printers. Am I going to have to install all 4 printers on every laptop or is there an easier way of doing this? I'm hoping that they are all the same (but to be honest you just never know!) so I will only have to deal with one driver.

BRYNIT 19:38 26 Feb 14

I have two HP photosmart 5520 printers (only because I got the two for £6 at an auction) each printer uses a different IP address when connected via WiFi and both show as different printers if connected via USB ie HP5520 and HP5520 (1).

To know which printer I was using I went to Devices and printers, right click on a printer, selected properties and renamed the printers this allowed me to select the correct printer from the drop down menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant