laptops on the move how?

malgall 15:59 06 Jan 04

are am getting a new laptop how do i use it on move i here there are two choices satelite or mobile phone how do i find out more

AL D. 16:12 06 Jan 04
  Mysticnas 16:12 06 Jan 04

...seriously, these things aren't cheap. Call up your mobile network and ask them about setting up your phone to use as a modem and ask them how much it'd cost. it's very expensive.

Satalite... i'm not even going to go there, someone else can tell you of the costs...

Taff36 16:32 06 Jan 04

The cheapest (Ha Ha) is using a GPRS enabled phone linked to the computer by cable or Bluetooth. You will typically pay by the Mb of data downloaded when looking at web pages. If you just want a dial up connection for sending and receiving e-mails on the move your current ISP will help you out but again it`s slow and therefore not cheap.

I tend to avoid using both methods if at all possible. It`s cheaper to use the hotel telephone line because it`s quicker or an internet cafe and use web mail!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…