laptops and the internet

havent a clue 14:31 17 Dec 03

I use aol 2 connect 2 the internet on my desktop pc. How would l connect a laptop or would l need a new account.

johnnyrocker 14:34 17 Dec 03

i would have thought it would be just a matter of loading it on to the lap top as well.

johnny.

Taff36 14:35 17 Dec 03

Are you using the laptop instead of the PC, from the same location or from another address? Or are you talking about using the laptop whilst you`re mobile?

Jester2K II 14:49 17 Dec 03

If you already have an account with AOL insert the AOL CD and follow the wizard until you see something along the lines or "retrieve account" or "I already have an account" It'll then ask for your user name and password and download you details to the laptop.

You can't use the account on two PCs at the same time though...

havent a clue 15:00 17 Dec 03

yes l will be using the laptop at the same address. I tryed using a aol cd and unpluged the phone from this pc and pluged it into the laptop. After it loaded it said dialing for access numbers then no dial tone.

It could be a different lead is required, they're not all the same.

Jester2K II 15:07 17 Dec 03

USe the one that came with the laptop. Have you got it in the correct socket?

havent a clue 15:12 17 Dec 03

I used the lead that was with the laptop it only fits in one socket.

Jester2K II 15:37 17 Dec 03

Something wrong with cable or modem.

Have you got call waiting or call minder on that line??

havent a clue 16:09 17 Dec 03

the line is ok because this pc is using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…