laptops

THE BEST 12:35 24 Jan 03

what is the best type for laptop, a high spec one for around £899-£1,200

thanks

THE BEST 12:41 24 Jan 03

anyone

Giggle n' Bits 12:43 24 Jan 03

a cheap laptop is from your £899-1,200 even though it sounds a lot of money it would be cheap at theis price.

Look at the Reviews for Laptops in PC Advisor and other magazines. Buying 2nd hand is risky.

Personally Laptops are a waste of money unless your comapany is paying for them. When they go wrong it costs big £'s and there fragile.

fitshase 12:45 24 Jan 03

I am issued with (company) a Toshiba laptop and the company swear by them. They are reliable, have very good spec (for price).

One bit of advice though, the way networking is going at the minute (as well as various places such as Costa Coffee, airports, etc.) it is worth paying a bit extra for a built in wireless lan card (Wi-Fi, 802.11). A normal network card is normally standard but the wi-fi is well worth the extra.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Fitshase

THE BEST 12:51 24 Jan 03

what about the Sony Vaio

230265 14:20 10 Nov 03

want to buy a laptop for my daughters buisness a dance school would need to be able to print ect as i know nothing about such things i am 72yrs of age please try to explain and let me know what i should go for

Sir Radfordin 14:39 10 Nov 03

THE BEST and 230265

There are two or three things you need to decide on before you go looking for a certain laptop.

1) Budget. You will have to spend more than you would on a desktop for a similar spec.

2) Weight. Under 2kg can be carried every day, over 2kg and certinly +3kg and you won't want to carry it that often. The less it weighs the more expensive it is going to be.

3) Internal or External optical drives. Do you want things like CDROM (DVD/RW) built in or external connected via USB or other cable.

With those things specified you can narrow down the selection and focus on suitable products.

Remember, increasingly laptops are being sold without a floppy disk drive (optional extra) so if you need one either look for a model that has one, or remember to buy the extra.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…