laptops?

john1000 00:08 02 Jan 03
  john1000 00:08 02 Jan 03

hi everyone just a little thing thats been on my mind hope somone could give me a answer.i built my first computer about 7 months ago i had a couple of small problems but apart from that all went well.i would like to build myself a laptop i come on this site quite alot and have never seen anybody with any problems about this is building a laptop more difficult parts are hard to get etc hope u can point me in the right direction thanks

Taran 00:33 02 Jan 03

I'd suggest you settle for a pre-built laptop.

You can buy notebook chassis, pre-configured base units (where you add your own choice of processor, memory, removable storage and hard drive devices et al to a unit that already has its monitor and mainboard installed to the case, and you can also get some components from a number of sources.

The price you pay for this luxury is far over what you would expect to pay for a preconfigured notebook in most cases.

Profit margins on notebooks aren't nearly as high as you might think.

There are also performance issues to consider.

Dell are very adept at getting notebooks to scoot along at a fair rate of knots regardless of hardware specifications. Some other suppliers just can't seem to get the same results from similar hardware, and notebook components don't allow you to tweak and adjust to the same extent as desktop bits and bobs.

Think warranty...

If you want details of suppliers, post back and I'll dig some out for you, but I think you're wasting your time with the idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…