laptops

peachee 22:06 11 Nov 09

does anyone have any tips for good laptops under £400? Or any tips of things to avoid? Also, what's peoples opinions on these netbooks and mini notebooks from the likes of samsung, sony, dell and i think toshiba have some...? Thanks

peter99co 22:11 11 Nov 09

click here

Even works with a broadband dongle for total independance.

User-1229748 22:29 11 Nov 09

you need to read up on some reviews,this very site has some pretty good ones.people will need to know what you will be using it for before any recommendations really.

peachee 01:03 12 Nov 09

just basic stuff really...surfing the net, word documents, watching videos on the net, im starting a course in set so it needs to be good for powerpoint presentations and hooking up to projectors and to stream videos through to the projectors, saving my music and photos...nothing proper fancy or special and no gaming really

peachee 01:05 12 Nov 09

thanks peter99co but i'm looking more for Toshiba, Dell, Samsung, Sony really and for under £400 or as near to £400 as possible. Also the smallest i've been thinking about is 10.1" ones but still not sure whether i should just get standard 15" as i'm not up to scratch on the netbook things and what they offer that normal laptops and notebooks dont :)

peter99co 13:02 12 Nov 09

If you are into music and photos you will need a big hard drive. To protect them from total loss in the event of hard drive loss/error you need to consider an external usb backup hard drive as well.

It is possible to create DVD copies of your Photos and music files but not as safe.

It is very sad when people lose all their photos because of harware failing.

Do consider backup options in your search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…