Laptop for writing only?

Sara K 16:56 07 Dec 07

I would like to have a portable device to use only for writing college reports and preparing other documents, possibly using something like Word. I would not need access to any other software or to connect to the internet.I would want to be able to transfer files to a PC to send or print.

A laptop would be good for this, but i feel it would be a very expensive option for what I want to do.

Does anybody know of a cheaper option?

Many thanks

what you need is something simular to this click here
its an american site but the first one i came accross you would have to search a bit to get a uk supplier for different models types etc kind regards akanic

Diemmess 17:54 07 Dec 07

Even the cheapest laptops do have the tremendous advantage of portability.

If ever you need to take notes at a meeting and perhaps only need to modify some pre-defined document, the laptop really does come into its own.

A minimum spec laptop is not going to cost the arm+leg it might have done only a couple of years back, and if you choose a big name manufacturer or even a trusted source like a "Must Have" friend who is upgrading you wont regret it.

I'm jealous, because I would like one, but cannot justify buying one when I do all I want to do on a typical PC.

dan111 18:40 07 Dec 07

If you can find one, grab one of these at £220, but they are going like hot cakes.

click here=

7" screen with 512Mb of memory and a 4Gb flash card running linux and all the applications. Fits into a pocket or small bag.

dan111 18:44 07 Dec 07

Here is a review of the asus click here

Sara K 19:31 07 Dec 07

Thank you again. This has been very helpful.

The Asus looks to be ideal if I can find one.

Many thanks
Sara

aine 19:39 07 Dec 07

You could try this file:///C:/Users/doug/Pictures/Capture.PNGnotepad.PNG
you can freehand this, take to any pc it will type,as in word

aine 19:42 07 Dec 07

You could try this file:///C:/Users/doug/Pictures/Capture.PNGnotepad.PNG
you can freehand this, take to any pc it will type,as in word.if it will not open it is on max tv £80

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…