laptop won't work with battery??!

stevo28 16:14 06 Dec 07

hi folks,

i recently purchased an acer aspire 3662wlmi with prior knowledge that the laptop had a battery issue.

The laptop won't operate with the battery only, ac power is needed; the battery charge orange led stays lit for a few mins and begins to blink and does so continuously. When restarting from windows desktop, it shuts down doesn't restart; then the power button needs pressing about five times in order to power up. I have tried using another battery and power supply but the same symptoms occur.

From what i can tell all power options are at default and don't think there is a standby , hibernate conflict. Any ideas as to what could be the prob would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

rossgolf 17:03 06 Dec 07

take it to a laptop repair centre or local pc shop and let them try a different psu

stevo28 18:50 21 Dec 07

hi,

I contacted Acer and they will collect, diagnose and return the unit for £40, not a bad price repair could add a few pounds; will post the outcome in the new year.

Acer support btw answered emails in reasonable time, telephone support staff were helpful and polite.

Gordal 20:12 21 Dec 07

It seems that a Green tick is appropriate ?

woodchip 20:20 21 Dec 07

You need a new Battery it's shorted out internally

stevo28 21:30 21 Dec 07

thanks guys;

the laptop requires two presses of the power button to startup, and five after a restart; anyone had similar symptoms with a laptop?

stevo28 20:21 26 Dec 07

any Acer laptop users out there who've had similar fault with their laptop, & the cost of repair or d.i.y fixes, thanks

stevo28 19:45 11 Feb 08

any Acer laptop users out there who've had similar fault with their laptop, & any ideas of the cost of repair or d.i.y fixes, much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…