Laptop Won't Turn On

Tinker Bell 17:11 18 May 08

I have one of these: click here.

When I open the laptop up, there is an orange light flashing (I think it's the battery light) when I try to swith it on, nothing happens, yet when I connect it to the mains, only then can I switch it on, this only started yesterday.

Any idea's please? btw, this is still under warrenty, which I purchased in January 2008 from ebuyer.

Thanks in advance

Forum Editor 17:18 18 May 08

and then refit it - see if that enables the charge. If it doesn't you may have a dud battery, or a fault on the laptop itself.

Tinker Bell 17:40 18 May 08

Hi FE

I've shut the laptop down, unplugged the mains adaptor and closed the lid, yet the orange battery light continues to flash.

I left it a few minutes to see if it stopped flashing, but no it never, when I reopned the lid, I was unable to switch it on until I connected the mains adaptor.

Oh, btw, I've not refitted the battery as I don't know how to.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:43 18 May 08

1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.
This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it.

Ditch999 17:47 18 May 08

Do this when the laptop is shutdown. Try switching it off at the wall socket and back on again a couple of times to see if the light goes out.
The battery can only fit one way and it shows you how in the manual.

Tinker Bell 18:49 18 May 08

Hi Guys

OK thx I'm sorted now, I followed Fruit Bat/\0/\ advice and it now seems OK.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…