Laptop wont turn on

Blade 69 14:32 25 May 04

I have a Samsung V20 laptop. The other day I was using it and all of sudden it turned off. Now it won’t even turn on again. I don’t think it is the battery because when I plug the charger in it shows it charging. What might have caused this?

Charence 15:58 25 May 04

Does the fan start spinning? And when the computer stopped working, what was the CPU temperature? Does the computer not respond at all?

Try disconnecting the batter and try running the computer just from the Mains Power. Does this work?

Charence

Smegs 15:59 25 May 04

Sounds like somethings gone POP. Short somewhere!!! Just guessing. Sorry.

Epocs 16:25 25 May 04

I had a similar problem when trying to fix some laptop for my school, verdict was bad motherboard and the power board. I think that has a proper name but can't remember, basically its just a small board which you plug the power lead into and it splits to the rest of the system. I was told this would cost around £300 - £500 by compaq.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…