Laptop Won't Start

thetallguy 13:48 12 Aug 07

I have been recently having a problem with my Novatech Maverick laptop. The first time I couldn't get it to start was when it had been hibernated, and when booting up froze. The only thing I could then do to try and turn it on was take the power outlet out and pull out the battery as nothing else would respond. When i plugged everything back in again nothing would turn on and no lights came on, it looked completely dead. Then a few days later on the off chance a miracle might have happened i plugged it in again and all the lights turned on and i was able to switch it on. From then on until yesterday everything was OK. Then yesterday i was booting up after it had been shut down (which it had taken a hell of a long time to do) and all i got was a black screen, no cursor no nothing. I left it for a while like this but after about half an hour anything have happened I tried plugging it in to my main monitor to see if there was anything wrong with the screen. The second I plugged the screen it turned itself off and i haven't been able to turn it on since. Any ideas?

P.S. I am contacting the manufacturer aswell but last time i didn't get any reply so I'm not very confident. Thanks.

birdface 14:35 12 Aug 07

Will it start In Safe Mode,Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.If so you could try Last good configuration, or System restore, to a point before you had the problems.

thetallguy 14:54 12 Aug 07

No, i literally can't turn it on. No BIOS, no nothing.

birdface 15:12 12 Aug 07

Sorry but my mind is like your computer, Blank!!!I am sure someone will be able to give you some better advice,Best of luck.

Taff™ 16:50 12 Aug 07

First thing I`d change would be the CMOS Battery.

Fingees 16:58 12 Aug 07

Usually Novatech are extremely helpful, and will talk you through most things,

Worth another try.

Technotiger 17:02 12 Aug 07

Sounds like faulty power connection somewhere. I would contact Novatech, as already said here, Novatech are usually very good with sorting problems.

birdface 19:48 12 Aug 07
  thetallguy 08:01 13 Aug 07

Thanks for your help. I am awaiting Novatechs reply now.

thetallguy 10:45 14 Aug 07

Novatech sent me a reply with the following instructions:

1) Remove the mains
2) Remove the battery
3) Hold the power button for 5-10 seconds (you wont see any activity but it WILL be doing something)
4) Reseat the battery
5) Plug in the mains
6) Try turning the notebook on

This apparently fixes the problem 9 out of 10 times and can happen to laptops fairly frequently. Thanks for all your replies.

Technotiger 12:12 14 Aug 07

Grreat, glad it is sorted. Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5