Laptop wont restart but will start from boot up

micky1432 22:29 25 May 10

hi i have a hp presario f502ea when i go to do a restart i just round robins, but if i turn it off and leave it for 10mins it will boot up ok, please can any one help

northumbria61 23:18 25 May 10

It may depend on your OS and the number of applications you have "open" when you choose to restart. You can check this by going to Task Manager (ctrl+alt=del keys) and viewing open apps. which you can then choose to "end task" - this should help.

micky1432 23:32 25 May 10

the laptop shuts down ok but it just round robins on restart

northumbria61 10:30 26 May 10

Use "msconfig" to limit what starts up - go to START - RUN - type MSCONFIG - STARTUP Tab and untick all "unecessary" startup items.

micky1432 13:25 26 May 10

Thank you i have done all the above and no change except this morning it has decided it will only boot up from off when its ready first few times it still round robins

northumbria61 14:36 26 May 10

Download,Install and RUN "ccleaner" from this Link

click here

Also do the same with -

click here

Also -

click here

You may also want to do a DEFRAG of your drive - all of these are a starting point for you to consider.

northumbria61 22:51 26 May 10

Perhaps you might like to enlighten us all as to what you did that resolved the problem - for future reference ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…