Laptop won't even reach bios screen.....

Lightchop 09:18 28 Feb 07

Hi - wonder if anyone has any pointers for this?

Fujitsu lifebook E6530 laptop. An old unit I use for messing around on!

Issue: On switching on, fan briefly runs (which is normal), HD spools up - then nothing. No splash or bios screen (in fact no display whatsoever). No further HD activity, therefore ruling out purely a display problem. The machine shut down perfectly the previuos evening and has not been showing any signs of pending malfunction.

Remedies tried:

A different HD (although this was never really suspect)

RAM seating checked.

Battery and AC power removed overnight

System reset with master reset pin.

Any ideas before I bin it? I was thinking possibly CMOS battery or a mobo issue (can't locate battery to check at this stage dispite some dismantling).

Thanks in advance.

crosstrainer 09:22 28 Feb 07

Might be a BIOS issue, but would still expect you to get display, even if the battery were dead. Can you connect it to another monitor?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:30 28 Feb 07

HAve you tried boot from mains adator with the battery removed?

Lightchop 12:38 28 Feb 07

Thanks for the replies - yes, have tried booting just on mains with no battery. I can try anither monitor - I've done some more googling and that's definitely something I need to try, also trying different RAM anda different mains adaptor, both of which I have access to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…