laptop wont connect wirelessly to home hub

AL47 18:46 25 Feb 09

hi

i am setting up someone elses wireless bt home hub,

my laptop cannot detect the home hub, [but ironically can to someone elses] but it cant connect wirelessly

anyone have this problem?

the pie eater 18:50 25 Feb 09

I had no end of problems with bt home hub so much so i got rid of it.

any how are you in a new build house?
because what i found is that the silver foil the use today on the walls sometimes stops the signal.

AL47 18:54 25 Feb 09

no its a really old house, there is no signal at all, the box name isnt even up in the network display, but the next dorr neighbours is!

possible its transmitter is broken?

rawprawn 20:44 25 Feb 09

Is the Wireless function switched on? usually a switch front right of your laptop?
Or use their support tel 0800 800 030 they are usually very good. I have no problems at all with BT home hub.

Newuser4165 21:02 25 Feb 09

Try changing the Wireless channel on the router - you can access the router by initially connecting the two with a network cable.

kench 22:51 25 Feb 09

try the bt home hub help software it will try to connect for you
I also had loads of problems with my bt hub till i changed the channel no.fom auto (default setting) to manual and selected channel 11 now works great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…