Laptop won't connect to internet wired or wireless

hgrock 13:48 PM 07 Jul 11

Help folks,I am using btinternet router a desktop is connected wired and works fine, i also have 2 laptops, netbook and notebook, which were wirelessly connected until a few weeks ago. the wireless connection on both stopped working tried everything didn't work. so i wired them to the router and they would not connect to the internet either even wired directly. can anyone suggest something that i may have missed. Thanks for any help

mgmcc 13:57 PM 07 Jul 11

In one of the computers that isn't connecting, can you hook it up to the router by ethernet cable then run ipconfig /all in a Command Prompt window. Right click in the Command Prompt window, "select all" and press Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

Paste the details into a blank Notepad file and transfer it to a working computer via USB stick or whatever. Then copy/paste the full details into a forum reply here.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites