Laptop won't connect

triciarob 09:29 17 Jun 11

I have just got a laptop and am having problems connecting to wi-fi at home.

Desktop has no problem, iphone connects ok.

When connecting laptop says 'taking longer than usual, connected with limited connectivity'. 'Connected to router but not to internet'.

I ran a diagnosis check which said to unplug router and laptop, then leave for a few seconds then try again. It connected ok, but I shouldn't have to do this each time, should I?

I have not added anything to settings on the laptop.

Very frustrating, hope someone can help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:37 17 Jun 11

Try resetting security passphrase in laptop

triciarob 11:42 17 Jun 11

Security password is fine (i think) Connects automatically. but shows limited!!

triciarob 11:42 17 Jun 11

Security password is fine (i think) Connects automatically. but shows limited!!

kalignorgna 11:51 17 Jun 11

if the iphone connects to the wireless then its not a password problem or conection problem, how far away is the laptop from the router? on the laptop have you tryed using the comand pannel and typing in ipconfig /release then typing in ipconfig /renew.

northumbria61 12:08 17 Jun 11

OR from the Command Prompt (You may have to Run as Administrator) type in NETSH WINSOCK RESET (with the spaces) this will reset your LAN

triciarob 12:08 17 Jun 11

Bit of a novice. Have got laptop in fron of me whilst typing this. can you go through it with me?

northumbria61 12:30 17 Jun 11

Click START - in search box type CMD - right click on the Command Box that comes up and select Run as Administrator - type NETSH WINSOCK RESET (with the spaces - then RETURN key - then close and restart your PC.

northumbria61 12:32 17 Jun 11

with the spaces - then RETURN key - then close and restart your PC.

that bit should read (with the spaces) - then RETURN key - then close and restart your PC

triciarob 12:35 17 Jun 11

i am trying this now

triciarob 12:40 17 Jun 11

still showing limited connectivity. on network sharing center shows unitentified network (public network).. access limited connectivity

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch