Laptop won't come out out of hibernation

whisked 17:44 12 Sep 03

When i try to restart after hibernation, i get a quick flash of a blue screen with writing on and it then gives me the choice to try again or to restart but lose data, but the same happens again no matter how many times i try.

What could be causing this?

whisked 17:45 12 Sep 03

Sorry should have said, its not a problem restarting the machine, only that the data is lost. Also machine working fine otherwise.

whisked 19:27 12 Sep 03

Anyone?

When i restart the PC, it always says 'The system has recovered from a serious error' too.

hessajee 20:58 12 Sep 03

There must be a hardware problem. Not sure what it could be. If you could give more details, maybe I could help.

whisked 21:04 12 Sep 03

Think i may have got to the root of the problem, i removed the pc card which i usually leave in its slot most of the time and it did restart as it should do.The only reason i say that is that the manual makes a mention that a pc card may stop it going into hibernation, so i'm assuming it also had an effect coming out of.

As it seems to be ok for the time being i'll close the thread, thanks for the offer of help hessajee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…