Laptop won't boot properly

Confab 15:59 22 Nov 03

A friend of mine has brought his laptop round to me with some problems. It's a secondhand Dell and he purchased it with ME pre-installed. It was working fine until yesterday but now it won't boot properly. When I switch it on it goes through the boot process then his screensaver appears but no taskbar or icons. If I ctrl alt del all thats running are two apps, one called nprotect and one called csinject. Does anyone know what I can try to get this laptop working again.

Thank you.

alan 2273 16:32 22 Nov 03

click here this explains Csinject and how to remove it

alan 2273 16:35 22 Nov 03

click here forgot to put this link on about nprotect. I hope these are of some help.

Confab 16:41 22 Nov 03

Thanks for the post but the above are the only two that appear and I can't access anything on the desktop. I just have a screensaver picture - no taskbar or anything.

alan 2273 16:50 22 Nov 03

I do not have a laptop but can you boot the machine into safe mode on a desktop it is generally the F8 key which is pressed down on start up. If you can access safe mode you can then do a system restore from their

alan no brain 21:29 24 Nov 03

If the F8 key does not bring up safe mode try holding down the control key at start up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…