Laptop to wireless router connection problems

thicasabrick 11:05 02 Jul 07

Hi all, my son has recently bought a Belkin router, so he could access the internet from his laptop This worked ok for a couple of weeks. Problem is, his laptop will now not connect with the router, but his laptop CAN connect to someone elses router, somewhere in our street. Router is working fine as I can connect with it from my pc, he can also connect with router from his PSP. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be. Thanks.

mad1234 11:55 02 Jul 07

if you put up the list of available wireless networks is your belkin router there?

thicasabrick 16:40 02 Jul 07

thanks for your reply mad1234. I'm not very clued up on this stuff, as you will probably soon find out, so can you tell me how do I bring up the list of available wireless networks. Thanks

betaman 16:56 02 Jul 07

Just left click on the wireless connection icon (single monitor)in the taskbar then click 'View available wireless networks'.

thicasabrick 10:24 03 Jul 07

Have now checked the above as advised by mad1234, the router is there, these are the details from my sons laptop.

speed 54.0Mbps
signal strength excellent
status limited or no connectivity

I presume the "limited or no connectivity" is the problem. How do I fix this please. Bye the way on my pc all of the above details are the same except the status says "connected"

thicasabrick 16:44 04 Jul 07

Anyone give me help on this please

mad1234 08:43 10 Jul 07

Just left click on the wireless connection icon (single monitor)in the taskbar then click "repair" & follow the instructions

matofthemint 13:24 10 Jul 07

If your set up is anything like mine, right click the wireless icon, left click 'open network connections', right click 'wireless network connections', left click 'properties', left click 'internet protocol', left click 'properties', then left click ok on everything. That should give you a connection. You may have to do this every time till someone comes up with a better idea.

matofthemint 13:41 10 Jul 07

Forgot to mention - when you get to 'Internet Protocol' 'properties' make sure 'obtain an IP address automatically' has a dot in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5