Laptop and wireless opitical mouse

753Df 08:12 21 Sep 06

I have a Sony Viao and purchased an enternal Mouse for it the Advent ADE-EMB1, when I connect the transmitter to the laptop and try to use the mouse there is no response , but the mouse pad on the computer works fine. Should I buy a mouse with a cord or how do I get this wireless mouse to work, please help

mad1234 08:30 21 Sep 06

when you first plugged the mouse into your laptop did the laptop detect it?
goto your device manager & see if it is there & working properly if it isn't it should show up with a large yellow question mark. remove this then plug it in again & follow the on screen instructions or it will automatically install itself

753Df 08:42 21 Sep 06

I will try above, I am just wondering whether it may be better to buy a mouse with a cord , please advise, as lots of people appear to be having problems with wireless mouse

mad1234 08:46 21 Sep 06

i actually have a wireless mini mouse for my laptop & it works just fine, infact i sometimes prefer to use it instead of the touch pad. most of the time i find myself using both at the same time then i get confused & do something silly

Dipso 14:12 21 Sep 06

You may find that you have to link the mouse to the receiver. I have a button on the receiver which I have to press and and there's a button on the underside of the mouse too.

I have to repeat this when I change the batteries.

I find a mouse easier for some things but I can use the touchpad when the mouse/receiver are connected anyway.

753Df 08:06 23 Sep 06

I have a Sony laptop, currently an using Macafee anti virus and firewall, I keep getting message if I want to load Norton ghost, should I load this on, please advice and what does this software do?

Dipso 14:01 23 Sep 06

Norton Ghost is a back up/imaging program click here It comes in handy if you experience problems and will let you restore your laptop back to a problem free configuration.

You may already have a restore disc provided with the laptop but that would only take it back to factory status and you would have to load all your files, software and settings back on yourself. Ghost would save you the trouble.

Is this free? If so, I would probably go for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…