Laptop Wireless Network

black_lucas 11:55 02 Aug 05

I have a acer laptop with a INPROCOMM IPN2220 wireless LAN card built in. I am trying to connect it to a BT voyager 2000 router. It will not detect the network.

Curiously it will detect other networks (in airports etc) and when I plug in a USB wireless connection adapter it then finds the network and connects to it through the USB adapter.

The in built card is definately on and turning off all the security/firewalls has no effect - it doesn't even detect the network, but it finds others.

Does anyone know why it can't detect my home network and how I can resolve this problem?

Many thanks

madPentium 21:42 02 Aug 05

have you turned off 'automatically detect settings' in the LAN settings for the connection?

For some reason this stops lots of BT wireless connections from working.

black_lucas 16:44 09 Aug 05

does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem...????

Strawballs 20:14 09 Aug 05

In your settings for your wireless router have you enabled broadcast SSID because if it has been disabled your laptop will not find your network, you can dissable it again once the connection has been established.

black_lucas 10:31 10 Aug 05

nope - the SSID is not hidden - just checked that.

I have emailed acer as well to see if they have any ideas...

I just dont understand why when I plug in a USB network adapter that the computer can find it using that, and also that the built in LAN card can find other networks in my area but not mine!!

Any help much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…