Laptop Wireless Network

black_lucas 21:56 07 Apr 05

I have a acer laptop with a INPROCOMM IPN2220 wireless LAN card built in. I am trying to connect it to a BT voyager 2000 router.
It will not detect the network.
Curiously it will detect other networks (in airports etc) and when I plug in a USB wireless connection adapter it then finds the network and connects to it.

I am happy that all of my connects are the same on both my home PC (which has the USB adapter normally) and the laptop wireless LAN card on the laptop.

Does anyone know why it can't detect my home network and how I can resolve this problem?

Many thanks

black_lucas 09:56 08 Apr 05

A laptop wireless LAN card not detecting a wireless network. But when plug in a USB adapter it find it. can someone can help with this problem..?

Any ideas..?

Maverick81 10:11 08 Apr 05

Check on your laptop's manual, some of the laptops available today have a option to turn the aerial for wireless networking on and off, on my laptop its FN + F1 to turn the aerial on....

Have a look and see

Hope that helps a little

black_lucas 13:22 08 Apr 05

That's what I thought. But the laptop will pick up other networks... just not my home netwrok on the voyager 2000. unless I plug in a usb adapter it doesnt see my home network.

Access Moron 14:45 08 Apr 05

have you tried turning off the security on the router?

black_lucas 00:43 10 Apr 05

yes, turned off all firewalls etc and nothing...

black_lucas 08:55 11 Apr 05

Has anyone get any more ideas about this??

Not able to detect my home network on a built in LAN card on a ACER laptop? It does detect other networks and when I plug in the USB adapter it finds my home network.

It isn't a firewall or security issue - all turned off.

Can any please help!!???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…