laptop wireless connection to internet

Bez 18:42 07 Apr 07

My Pc connection to the internet is via talktalk broadband. I have just bought a Toshiba laptop P100 laptop computer which is wireless ready, (intel (R)Pro wireless 3945ABG Network Connection)Toshiba told me to use the same disk I used to install wireless broadband into the PC(Modem router and USB Adaptor) for the new laptop. However, that has not worked.
Can anyone tell me, please, what I have to do to get the laptop connected via the same talktalk broadband connection?

Technotiger 18:49 07 Apr 07

Hi, I would guess that you need to run the Network Setup Wizard on both computers.

Bez 19:05 07 Apr 07

Thank you, Technotiger,but I thought that the ADSL Modem with a wireless router beems the waves directly to the laptop without having to do anything to the PC with the USB adaptor.

Technotiger 20:03 07 Apr 07

Well that is what I did with my ADSL Router on Desktop and my partners wifi enabled laptop, - works great.

postie24 20:11 07 Apr 07

Are you running vista or xp?

Bez 21:07 07 Apr 07

postie24

The laptop is vista home premium

Bez

Technotiger 21:18 07 Apr 07

Ahh - TalkTalk and Vista - afraid you may have problems there. Sorry I can't help.

postie24 21:21 07 Apr 07

Sorry Bez,i cant help either with vista n talk talk.

woodchip 21:25 07 Apr 07

You have to get Wireless router settings from the Setup page in the router and enter them into the Laptop wireless software

Bez 15:19 15 Apr 07

Thank you woodchip,

Your tip worked after getting it right,
eventually.

Bez

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…