Laptop wireless is always switched off on boot

rocket111 12:54 11 Jan 09

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Ailo laptop and to turn the wireless connection on and off I have to use the Fn key and F1 however the wireless connection is always off when I turn the laptop on! Is there a way I can set the computer to keep the wireless connection set to on permanently?

So that when I start I am connected to my router automatically!

Ian

recap 16:48 11 Jan 09

Open Control Panel and access the Network Connections, right click on your Wireless Network Connection, ensure your connection is highlighted and select Properties. Select the Connection tab and ensure that the 'Connect when this network is in range' option it ticked. Hopefully that will rectify your problem.

T0SH 22:16 11 Jan 09

I know of a few laptops where a similar action is required to turn on the wireless card after it has been shut down

Some laptop makers have wireless utility that have a setting that turns it on at boot but they are few and far between

Have a look in the control panel for any such utility otherwise, your only hope for help will have to come from Fujitsu Siemens I am afraid

Cheers HC

Jigsaw616 17:25 12 Jan 09

It is possible that if the above ^_^ suggestions don't work, there is an option in the BIOS of the laptop to turn the WLAN on at bootup.

To get to the BIOS, there will be a button to press before the computer beeps when you usually turn it on. (likely Del or F2)

There should be a Networking tab, and there may be an option to turn the WLAN on at startup, set this to True, or Yes, rather than False, or No.

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5