LAPTOP WILL NOT START UP

MIKEM56 15:46 PM 25 Apr 13

Computer Powers On... and Then Off When I turn my computer on I hear the fans inside the computer turn on, see the lights on the front of my computer turn on and flash, THEN IT DOES IT AGAIN, and then it will stop. I don’t see anything on the monitor and I hear beeps coming from the computer before it shuts off. The light to the left of the numbers lock does 2 medium flashes then 1 short as does the D.V.D. drive and I think the hard drive is trying to start. This happens twice then laptop shuts down. After 20 to 30 attempts the laptop starts.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 PM 25 Apr 13

Make and Model?

Have you tried with the battery removed and on mains only?

MIKEM56 16:55 PM 25 Apr 13

Good Afternoon and thank you for the posts. I have tried it in safe mode and will try it without the battery in. When the laptop is running I can turn it off and then it will switch back on with no problem. I always turn it off at night and then in the morning the problem reoccurs. Mike

MIKEM56 06:23 AM 26 Apr 13

FRIDAY 06.30 IT IS AN ACER TRAVELMATE 7520. I have now tried starting with battery out, no difference,

woodchip 10:07 AM 26 Apr 13

If its a Old Laptop, it may need taking in bit and given a good clean

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:06 AM 26 Apr 13

Would be tempted to run a disk check on the hard drive, once its started.

or You could put the drive into a caddy and attch to another machine to run the disk check.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…