laptop will not connect to wireless network

kezza_26 13:33 27 Sep 07

hi,
i have recently bought a toshiba laptop and am now tryin to connect to my wireless network.

i know the network is set up properly as all my housemates can connect to it and my latop can detect the network. however when i click on connect, it says windows cannot connect to network, either diagnose problem or choose other network. when i click on diagnose problem, it says make sure your computer is in range (it is) and tht the network settings match the wireless router or access point settings.

However i am not sure what this means or what i need to change, can anyone help?
my computer is running windows vista and the router is pluscom technolgies broadband AP router (WRF-RTL8186)

A-Nonymous 13:37 27 Sep 07

Ok.

1. Does the router require security codes to access it?

2. Check that your router doesnt have to go into "pairing" mode when you connect for the first time. This is often a common problem.

kezza_26 14:02 27 Sep 07

yes it does have a security code, but i have never got that far to enter. however if i click on another network, which are also security enabled it would let me connect to them if i knew the secutiry password.

i don't think the router needs to be in pairing mode, as no-one else had to do so. however how would i check this?

thanks

rdave13 18:41 27 Sep 07

Try the "manually connect to a network" Click on 'connect to' then 'set up a connection or network'.

kezza_26 15:11 28 Sep 07

i have set up a network manually, yet still it wont connect!help!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…