laptop volume control

n4165si 13:41 16 Jan 07

I am trying to help an elderly lady with her Fujitsu siemans Amilo laptop ,but the volume sound seems to be very low ,both volume control and system controls have been set to full on ,but although you can just about hear it ,i don't think it's satisfactory. has any one got one of these laptops and do you experience the same problem.

Genius1 14:14 16 Jan 07

There may be a separate volume control somewhere on the laptop body that controls the speaker volume separately from output volume.

n4165si 14:31 16 Jan 07

genius 1
i have looked at that and my thinking was the same as yours ,but there isn't any external device that i can see , unless somebody with a similar machine can advise. the laptop is an amilo-L-BS016.
THANKS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:40 16 Jan 07

In windows volume control push ALL sliders to top.

There may also be a small button on the side of the laptop to control speaker sound. There is on both my IBM and HP laptops.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:02 16 Jan 07

Most Fujis have a small wheel on the left side, which controls speakers volume.

johndrew 15:11 16 Jan 07

Similar problem on my daughter`s Pa1510. Volume is controlled either by the sliders or the designated `F` keys and even at full scale it`s not that loud.

I have a feeling the volume on these machines is limited by design - probably so it doesn`t annoy people on trains/`planes/buses or whatever.

n4165si 15:12 16 Jan 07

all sliders to top, no joy
no button on left or right hand side to increase volume ,the correct type of machine is an amilo L-7320G laptop.
thanks so far Fruit Bat

n4165si 15:22 16 Jan 07

johndrew
i think you are correct ,its pretty poor really.i shall have to look into adding some desktop speakers if the machine will accept them ,she is partly hard of hearing so i will have to do something. anyway thank you for your imput

FreeCell 17:23 16 Jan 07

Don't know the amilo but on Dell there is a function key to mute the speakers. There are also function keys to change volume up or down.
If amilo has similar then may have inadvertently muted sound this way.

Graham. 17:48 16 Jan 07

Programs, Accessories, Multimedia, Volume control?

Genius1 20:53 16 Jan 07

This would just open the same option box as double clicking the icon in the Notification Area. I think this has already been tried given the above posts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…