Laptop upgrades

scoopsowl 19:45 17 Jul 04

I own a Sharp PC-GP10-CM laptop with 1.1GHz AMD Athlon4 mobile cpu. It currently has 256Mb sdram. I am looking to upgrade both the cpu & ram. Firstly, has anyone got any info on wether the chip is upgradable. I can't seem to find any info on the m/b which is a SHARP Corp. PC-GP1 Series 5a Serial Number: 751 Bus Clock: 100 megahertz. Secondly, I require an extra 256Mb ram. Assuming it to pc100,(from bus clock), & sdram from manual, are there sdram's with different pin configs. eg.144 pins or will any 256Mb sdram chip fit.

Diodorus Siculus 19:47 17 Jul 04

CPU - very unlikely that it is upgradeable (some few laptop processors are but I don't think this one is).

Memory - have a look at crucial.com/uk and put in your details. It will suggest the RAM you need and guarantee that it works.

Diodorus Siculus 19:49 17 Jul 04

I've just looked at crucial and your machine is not mentioned.

terryr48 20:58 17 Jul 04

e-mail crucial support-they will be able to tell you what ram you need if you give them details of your comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…