Laptop for under £350?

Residual 12:18 02 Apr 08

Dear all,

I once again humbly come before you all to ask for reccos for a laptop under £350. Basically its going to be used for surfing the net, Office, Mutimedia (watching DVDS and ocassionally playing music.

Any reccos will be greatly appreciated.

Toodle Pip

Residual

Al94 12:41 02 Apr 08

Dell Vostro, £1.33 over your budget including VAT & delivery click here

Totally-braindead 12:41 02 Apr 08

My opinion is you will be struggling to get a laptop at this price with decent performance because of Vista.

If you could stretch to say £400 you could get something quite competant but the 2 laptops I have seen recently using Vista are dreadfully slow. Partly because they have poor celeron processors and partly because they lack memory.

Others may disagree of course but in my opinion going for a £300 is not an option I would take because in my opinion its too slow.

Something like this would be ideal click here= dual core processor and 2 gig of memory or my favourite laptop make Toshiba click here=

Whatever you buy, make sure its dual core not a celeron and has 2 gig of memory for Vista, if you can find an XP laptop then you can get away with having 1 gig of memory.

I know Novatech still do XP as an option if thats what you want click here

Totally-braindead 12:45 02 Apr 08

The one AI94 posted to is a good deal at the price, dual core and 2 gig of memory though I am unsure as to how the AMD Turions compare with their Intel counterparts.

I honestly haven't seen a dual core laptop with 2 gig of memory for that sort of price and did not think it existed.

I stand corrected you can get a decent laptop at that price.

Al94 12:47 02 Apr 08

You can also choose XP as an "upgrade" at no extra cost if you wish with Dell.

Hawy 13:03 02 Apr 08

click here

Read the reviews

wjrt 13:14 02 Apr 08

click here
bit over but good specs for price and core 2 duo processor

Hawy 13:46 02 Apr 08

I don't think my last link has a dialup modem. How about this one click here

Zaphod 3 16:15 02 Apr 08
  Al94 19:33 02 Apr 08

Toys R Us ??!!!

glen2409 20:14 02 Apr 08

Can recommend this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…