Laptop To TV HELP!!

tayzo22 17:11 20 May 08

I have done loads of research on the internet for an answer but i keep getting confused and do not wish to buy the wrong product. I recently purchased a new Samsung R60 laptop and it has no s-video out, only the vga out. I wish to connect it to my TV at home which is a Sony KDL-V40A12U, it has inputs for s-video , HDMI and the 3 connections red, white and yellow. Im not sure if i need to buy a conversion box or is there a simpler-less costly way to solve the problem?Can i use a VGA to RCA Component Cable M/M and use a scart converter, if so is there much of a quality difference?if anyone knows what i need please post a link also. Cheers

Ditch999 17:45 20 May 08

Your best option IMHO would be a VGA to Component cable. click here Your TV should have component (Red, blue, green connectors beside each other) You will also need an audio cable for sound as VGA only outputs pictures.

benman2218 21:10 30 Dec 08

Hi there, I want to connect my laptop to my LCD tv, my tv manual says that this has to be done via a hdmi to dvi cable, the problem is that my laptop doesnt have a dvi port. Ive tried to use a S-video cable and mini jack to 2 rca cables and had no luck. Would really appreciate some help with this please,

Technotiger 21:19 30 Dec 08

A VGA-HDMI adapter, from laptop to TV might work...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…