Laptop to TV Connections

BFulch 15:46 25 Jan 08

Please help, I am trying to figure out how to watch movies through my Laptop on the TV screen. I bought a 15 pin vga cable which matches both my laptop and TV. However, after connecting (and trying the Fn F5 and F6 buttons) it came up on the tv screen as 'unsupport mode' even though my laptop screen changes mode. Any ideas what is wrong and how i can get this connection going? Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 25 Jan 08

Type of laptop and op system?

Desktop properties - screen settings - advanced -do you have a setting to connect to TV?

BFulch 16:54 25 Jan 08

Acer Aspire 5600 Laptop and a Digix LCD Tv...

Jim_F 17:45 25 Jan 08

I'd guess your computer has a custom widestream display mode and you may need to wind this down to suite the TV - 1024 x 768 ?

BFulch 18:26 25 Jan 08

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that again but no change, there is a reaction on the t v screen but then says 'unsupport mode'. There is also a scart input on the computer. Am i better off trying to find a vga 15 pin to scart plug (if they exist)? any other suggestions?thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 25 Jan 08

Desktop properties - screen settings - advanced -do you have a setting to connect to TV?

BFulch 20:10 25 Jan 08

no, still no joy... there wasnt any screen settings option...

woodchip 20:16 25 Jan 08

You need to right click on desktop Properties\Settings\Adapter see if you can set adapter to Dual screen mode. You may need to connect a Sound cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced