Laptop to tv connection

carl123uk 20:07 27 May 09

i have just bought a new lcd tv & i want to connect my laptop to it.

i have bought a VGA/SVGA (laptop) to 3 RCA component (tv) video cable
my tv is LG 32LH2000
my laptop is sony vaio VGN-SZ2XP/c

what settings do i need to change my display menu to on the settings properties? if someone could do a step by step of what i need to do that would be great.

thanks carl

carl123uk 21:09 27 May 09

bump

ambra4 02:24 28 May 09

LG 32LH2000 LCD TV Connections Type

Side

1 x Composite Video/Audio Input (RCA Phono x 3) - Side - Can be used for Digital or Video Camera

1 x HDMI Input (19 pin HDMI Type A) – Side - Can Be Used To Supply Audio And Video

From A Xbox 360, DVD Player, Or Any Electronic Equipment With A HDMI Output Connector

Etc.

1 x Headphones Socket (Mini-Phone Stereo 3.5 mm) – Side – To Connect a Wire or Wireless

Headphone

Rear

2 x SCART (21 PIN SCART) - Rear – To Connect Scart Equipment To The TV

Scart to Scart Power Output Cable

click here

1 x Component Video Input (RCA Phono x 3) - Rear – For Video From A DVD / Video Player/

Video Switch Box Etc

click here

1 x Audio Line-In (RCA- Phono x 2) - Rear – For Audio From A DVD / Video Player or Audio

System or the Laptop Headphone Socket

3.5mm Jack and 2 Phono (male) Cable

click here

1 x Digital Audio Output (Optical TOS Link) – Rear – To Connect To A Digital Input on A

Audio System

click here

1 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) – Rear – Can Be Used To Supply Audio And Video From A

Xbox 360, DVD Player, Or Any Electronic Equipment With A HDMI Output Connector Etc.
1 x RGB input (15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) - Rear – To Connect To The Sony Vaio VGN-

SZ2XP/c VGA Connector Using A Male-To-Male VGA Cable

click here

1 x Audio Line-In (Mini Stereo 3.5 mm) – Rear – To Connect To The Laptop Headphone

Socket

click here

1 x Serial Port - Rear – Not To Sure What This Socket Is Used For Check The Manual

1 x USB Port – Rear – Check The Manual As Could Be A Service Port For LG Technical

Support

Using The Male-To-Male VGA Cable connect one end to the TV and one to the socket on the

laptop

Turn on the TV and using the remote control select the PC source / input

Once you have connected the VGA Cable to the TV you now have to set up the laptop to access

the external display socket

Using the “FN” key (Function) and the “CRT/LCD” key at the top of keyboard “F” keys

If not sure check the Manual

Hold down the FN key and press the CRT/LCD key once

Display will change as follows

Press once laptop display only

Press again external display only

Press again both laptop and external display

You must hold down the FN key each time you press the CRT/LCD key

You have to set the laptop to show both laptop and external displays, if set to external

display only, the display will default back to the laptop display every time you power on

or reboot the laptop

Depending on the size of the monitor you will have to adjust the Screen Resolution for

the display to fill the monitor screen

Right click on Windows Desktop-Properties-Setting and change the Screen Resolution to

the correct size

I hope this explain all the equipment that the connectors at the side and rear will allow you to

connect to the TV

Note: -

You Do Not Need The VGA/SVGA (Laptop) To 3-RCA Component (TV) Video Cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…