laptop to tv again

jim63 09:38 17 Nov 10

have posted this problem before and still unable to connect laptop to tv. A number of months ago I was able to. Held down FN and F8 keys, laptop then monitor and laptop and monitor together. but nothing showing. At a loss as to why I cannot connect again. AsusX51R

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:06 17 Nov 10

Is TV source set to PC (vga) input?

Have you tried a different lead?

or to a different TV?

Have function keys been disabled in BIOS?

jim63 13:46 17 Nov 10

yes it is set
lead okay
how do check bios

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:08 17 Nov 10

When you firats boot up there is a message "Press ?? to enter setup" or words to that effect.

?? can be del esc or one of the F keys depending on make of machine.

jim63 17:53 17 Nov 10

It is f2 to enter bios but I don't know what to look for in bios. Asus X51R

GaT7 18:06 17 Nov 10

I had a look in the manual (via Asus click here), & it says this on page 29:

"LCD/Monitor Icons (F8): Toggles between the Notebook PC’s LCD dispexternal monitor in this series: Notebook PC LCD > External Monitor > Both. This function does not work in 256 Colors, select High Color in Display Property settings.
NOTE: Must connect an external monitor *before* booting up."

F8 refers to the function key.

I guess you're still having the display problem as mentioned in your other thread click here?

G

GaT7 18:07 17 Nov 10

"LCD/Monitor Icons (F8): Toggles between the Notebook PC’s LCD display and an external monitor in this series: Notebook PC LCD > External Monitor > Both. This function does not work in 256 Colors, select High Color in Display Property settings.
NOTE: Must connect an external monitor *before* booting up."

Does this ring a bell? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…