laptop to tv

redsusan 18:25 01 Jun 10

hello friends.
I have a samsung r60plus laptop and a Philips 37pf7531D/10 TV I am trying to figure out how to connect the laptop to the TV so i can watch movies and catch up from my laptop to the big screen.
Ive see a PC to TV box at maplins product code A94HT would this work ? also i believe i would need a cable to carry the sound, I dont want to order one if it's wrong
Thanks
Susan

gengiscant 10:22 02 Jun 10

Have a look here,click here

Grey Goo 23:13 03 Jun 10

If your TV has a PC setting listed on the input list and a VGA socket on the back then you can connect with a VGA to VGA cable. You can get the audio with 3.5mm minijack to 3.5mm minijack from your laptop headphone socket to a 3.5mm input socket on your TV assuming it has one. Select PC as the auxillary on the TV and using the Fn key plus whatever number to select external display.
You can then alter the resolution on your laptop to fill the TV screen. This works as I do it often using an NC10 and my Sony TV to stream BBC i player etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…