Laptop & tower pickup different connections

Migwell 23:25 25 Nov 09

When I switch on my laptop and try to go onto the internet it picks up someone's un-secured BT Openworld connection and will not let me go any further. When I go into the connections and renew the list it finds mine which is on WPA security, and I then can connect on to it. However when I switch on the tower it connects straight away with my own connection. When I go into connection list on the tower there is no sign of the BT Openworld connection even when I renew the list of local connectionsIs there any way I can stop the BT Openworld hijacking my laptop or findout who is running the BT Oprnworld so I can advise them of the security risk they are causing to themselves? This has happenen three times this week, and I have not seen the BT connection before this. I have 5 green bars and an excelent connection on the tower and the BT one has three green bars and good connection. A friend of mine in our street has two green bars show up on my computer and he lives 9 houses away.

Any thoughts on this would be a great help, thanks in advance.
Migwell

User-1229748 23:55 25 Nov 09

at connections click on your wireless network connection-wireless properties and untick connect to a more preferred network if aviliable.don't know what operating system you are using but thats hoe to get to it in windows 7.

Migwell 00:00 26 Nov 09

using xp

Migwell 00:01 26 Nov 09

Xp on tower & Vista on Laptop.

Migwell 00:05 26 Nov 09

Xp on tower & Vista on Laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…