laptop touch pad/context menu problem

perry.jacobs.716 09:53 04 Oct 13

Hi all,

I got a Toshiba laptop top, its a few years old now but up until last week it has been working fine.

I got a problem that I think is more a virus type of problem than a fault with the equipment.

First of all when I it on and it brings up the page for me to select the user account, I can move the cursor around but it wont let me click and select an account. I have to use the keyboard to log in. Then when I am on the desktop, every item I click (left click) once on it brings up the context menu. This only happens on the desktop though in My Documents files or a browser the touch pad works as it should.

I thought it might be settings so I checked control panel-mouse settings and it looked ok. I suspected a virus as the last thing I did on it before this problem was try to download java. I did 2 virus scans, its cleaned out a few bits but the problems persists.

Any ideas on what it is and how to stop it please?

thanks for reading

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…