My 4-year old Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop just turned itself off in the middle of general working and listening to music. It was working fine and then suddenly there was a quiet click and the power was lost (though the battery was full and the machine was plugged in).
Now, when I press the power button, nothing at all happens.
Is there any way to save this computer? Does this sound like a virus? I thought it was at first, but there was no warning or blue-screen of death.
Thanks. Actually, SOMETHING does happen when I press the power button - the battery indicator light flashes - either red when the battery is not connected, or red and then green when it is. Could that indicate anything?
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.