Laptop startup disk?

fritwash 15:20 05 Jan 03
  fritwash 15:20 05 Jan 03

I have recently bought a second hand laptop and cannot get the key combinations for brightness, contrast etc to work, do laptops have a specific startup software installed when new to run these commands and if so where might I get the software.

The laptop is an Advent 5273

Cheers

Earthworm 17:24 05 Jan 03

hello, I have an ADVENT 6412 and on mine to change brightness I press the function key(Fn) and F7 & F8, for contrast I press Fn F9 & F10.
hope this will be of help

fritwash 17:31 05 Jan 03

Thanks for that Earthworm,

I did try that combination but nothing happens, I thought that when XP was put on if it may have overwritten any software that may be needed for these keys to work. I am just guessing as I have not had a laptop before.

Any ideas as to where I might get a manual for it?
I tried google but could not find anything.

I did think of going to PC World as I think it is one of theirs but I can`t see them being that helpful if I have bought it second hand

Cheers

woodchip 17:44 05 Jan 03

Right click on a blank part of the desktop click Properties Have a look there to see if there is anything under Advanced

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…