Laptop Start Up

Molly_Don 14:05 01 Jan 09

This is a xmas present I'm trying to sort out

I have a vista laptop, everytime I start the machine up I have to press the "FN+F10" key together to get connected to the internet

Is there anything I can do to resolve it

Sea Urchin 14:18 01 Jan 09

Fn+F10 will enable it, but you need to set up the connection - hopefully this might help

click here

Molly_Don 14:34 01 Jan 09

Hello Sea

Thx, but I followed the instructions on that link, but at the "Connect" stage it's showing connected, I don't see an option to "set this connection automatically"

Sea Urchin 14:39 01 Jan 09

Then it sounds as though you are connecting automatically - so all should be fine

Sea Urchin 14:45 01 Jan 09

Presumably it was showing as connected to your network. You could also check that Wireless Zero Configuration is running. Hold your Windows key +R and in the Run box type services.msc - click OK. Scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration and make sure it shows Started

Molly_Don 15:01 01 Jan 09

Sea Urchin

OK, I don't see anything listed as Wireless Zero Configeration, this is what is listed in standard & extended
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Sea Urchin 15:08 01 Jan 09

Sorry about that - I don't have a Vista machine here at present - I assumed the services would be similar to XP. Hopefully someone with wireless on Vista can advise further.

Molly_Don 15:17 01 Jan 09

OK thx for the help so far.

pompyx 15:21 01 Jan 09

Molly_Don
The Vista equivalent is WLAN Auto config which is shown as started. What Laptop is it as I have had a similar problem with an Toshiba.

Molly_Don 15:32 01 Jan 09

Hi pomp

It's an E-System 1212

Sea Urchin 16:33 01 Jan 09

Just a thought - when you boot up your laptop how long do you wait to see if it will connect to the Internet? Somebody asked me yesterday why their laptop (Vista) wasn't auto-connecting, and in fact it was - they just were not waiting the 30 seconds it took to link up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…