Laptop specification

phil2816 21:13 19 Jul 06

Hey whats the best specification of a laptop to have with the purpose of using it as a sound-type system..ie with good sound card etc...or in general whats a good (and affordable!) ;aptop to have?Thanks!!

De Marcus™ 21:27 19 Jul 06

Any modern laptop coupled with one of these click here is a superb choice. The Echo Indigo is considered by many audiophiles to be the best available for laptops.

sean-278262 00:08 20 Jul 06

Marcus is right any system coupled with a decent external soundcard will serve 99.99% of people fine. To be honest a cheap 30quid creative labs system will do you fine coupled with a cheap end laptop. But do beware if you spend little on the machine dont expect a lot. Low end laptops are renound for having slow hard drives, crap processors, little ram and overall poor running specs. Personally I would spend no less than 600 - 650 on a laptop for any task just to get a little bit more and be a bit more future proofed.

I spent 640 on my acer aspire and I am glad I forked out a little more as it has more than enough power for what I do which day to day isnt a lot but Im sure a lower machine would be a pain!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced