laptop shut down

john1000 07:38 11 Jun 04

hi all i have got a laptop running xp home 20 gig hardrive my problem is for no reason the machine will just turn off as if you cut the power on reboot i have went into event veiwer and it displays a error ,error id 11 driver detected control error to device/hardisk if i click on help and support it says the fault is a faulty ribbon from harddrive to board replace ribbon any ideas help much appreciated

Belatucadrus 11:26 11 Jun 04

If it's in the guarantee take it back. If not then change the cable, I wouldn't recomend fiddling around inside a laptop unless you're confident you know what you are doing. So how you proceed from here depends a lot on you, DIY or get somebody to do it for you.

john1000 18:32 11 Jun 04

i would just like to say i have solved my problem the cause of the machine shutting off was the processor was getting too hot as the fan outlet was partually blocked with fluff took back off cleaned replaced never shut off yet fingers crossed does anybody know why it has logged error 11 pointing to a faulty ribbon when really the fault has been a processor getting to hot

++++++++++

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…