laptop security

Newuser2 12:30 02 Nov 03

In a recent PCAdvisor I saw a utility/programme that could be installed onto a laptop. It would help track the laptop if it was stolen by transmitting details every time the laptop was connected to the internet. It would as far as I can remmember survive a reformat of the hard drive. Trouble is I cannot find the referance to it in my pile of PCAdvisors.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Belatucadrus 13:41 02 Nov 03

click here

click here

click here may also be of use.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:47 02 Nov 03

The two trackers sites are for the States and will not work outside it's boundaries, assuming that you live in the UK.

G

Belatucadrus 16:45 02 Nov 03

I don't know about the Software tracking and command centre but "Every time you boot your computer and have an Internet connection, PC PhoneHome? sends a stealth e-mail message containing its exact location to a pre-determined e-mail address set by the user" so isn't limited to the USA, and I've got a copy that was given away with PCFormat (I wanted the copy of PSP5). StealthSignal describes itself as "Global", but I'm sure they will confirm any limitations if you want to check [email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…