Laptop screen is whitish black

coubury 19:28 13 Feb 09

when i turn on my laptop {samsung a10) it shiows the samsung logo then the system info but when its going to boot into windows it turns black and nothing comes up its stange.

If i put an xp disc is it will say press any key to boot from cd and then inspecting systems info then its goes blank just like when i try to boot into windows now i cant get logged in nothi9ng comes up

I tried another ctr in the laptop and its the same so it doesnt look like there is a problem with my laptop screen

any help would be great.

DieSse 19:42 13 Feb 09

Can you take it to a friend with a monitor, and see if you get the same display on an attached monitor?

DieSse 19:46 13 Feb 09

Ah - perhaps you did that - I thought ctr might mean CD - but I suppose on refection you may have mean CRT.

If that's correct, then it looks like you might have a problem with your graphics, or more generally that the laptop in not booting correctly.

If you boot in Safe Mode (keep pressing F8 when booting) - what happens then?

coubury 19:51 13 Feb 09

I cant even boot in safe mode mjate i press f8 afew times and it just goes tot hat blank screen again

yeah your right i did mean crt

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:41 13 Feb 09

Reset graphics in BIOS or reset BIOS to default settings and retry.

woodchip 20:58 13 Feb 09

CPU may be overheating and it shuts down, How old is the laptop

woodchip 21:01 13 Feb 09

Will it Run Just off mains without the Battery? as the Battery may be faulty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…