Laptop screen - vertical line

woodrot 18:33 06 Feb 03

My Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop has devoped a single vertical blue line. Is this a serious problem or can an adjustment cure it? Any ideas?
Woodrot.

woodrot 18:18 07 Feb 03

Bela. Thanks for your comment. That's what I am afraid of! Still working OK but the line is perhaps a sign of BIG problems to come?

JMG 11:30 25 Jul 04

My Laptop has suddenly started to display the exact same thing. A single blue line (like a hairs thickness), from top to bottom visible at boot up and beyond. What is causing this, s it likely to get worse?

Anyone know what costs are likely to be?

JMG 11:50 25 Jul 04

I have done a bit of research and seem to have stumbled across a temporary solution. It seems the most likely cause for our problem is the bonding at the edge connector coming away from the TFT connections with screen flex.

I sort of just pressed on the edge next to the fault line top and/or bottom and hey presto, all is well again. Hope it works for you too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…