laptop screen turn off

sixgun 20:11 26 Feb 07

hi can anyone help please i have conected a large screen to my laptop, how do i turn the laptop screen off

the laptop is a sony vio about two years old

thanks ron

STREETWORK 20:17 26 Feb 07

Sometimes it shift/fn and F7 or you may see what looks like a double screen key...

woodchip 20:28 26 Feb 07

On some you cannot

skidzy 20:40 26 Feb 07

Mine is FN+F8

Legolas 21:03 26 Feb 07

Can you not just shut the Laptop lid

woodchip 21:05 26 Feb 07

That sends a Laptop into Hibernation

Legolas 18:33 27 Feb 07

woodchip you can change what the laptop does when you shut the lid I have mine set to do nothing when the lid is shut to change it you right click on the desktop/properties/screen saver/power/advanced and choose from the options in the different fields

SANTOS7 18:43 27 Feb 07

If you shut the lid, HOW do you use the keyboard!!!

Legolas 19:01 27 Feb 07

SANTOS7 sometimes I watch movies on my television through my laptop, once they are running there is no need to use the keys, if sixgun is using the latop for this then shutting the lid will be ok if on the other hand it is for playing games then obviously my solution would be as much use as a chocolate fire guard;-)

Legolas 19:11 27 Feb 07

Another thought you can get a USB keyboard and shut the lid and still use the keys, SORTED.

sixgun 10:50 01 Mar 07

thank you all for your help
problem sorted regards ron

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…