Laptop Screen Replacement

Legslip 14:58 22 Jul 09

My daughter has stood on her laptop and wrecked the screen. Can anyone advise as to:

*where to get a replacement screen?

*how to fit it or get instructions to do so?

It is a Packard Bell BG 45
Thanks

user8 15:09 22 Jul 09

How old is it?
You could try Packard Bell?
Or buy a copy of Micromart at newsagents, plenty of adverts for replacement screens.

Stuartli 15:15 22 Jul 09

See:

click here

This company is about 15 miles from where I live:

click here

click here

To be honest, I wouldn't attempt to repair it yourself...:-)

dunc1234 15:34 22 Jul 09

you can try and get one off ebay which is a bit risky, but have you tried claiming on your house insurance contents cover, usually you are covered. professional replacement will cost about £200.00. to get a screen yourself will probably be at least £150, you would also need to get it out to check the part number to ensure you are getting the right one as there are a lot of variations.

Legslip 15:59 22 Jul 09

Thanks everyone. I think I'm getting nearer and have had a quote for £100 for supply only. Just need to be confident enough to fit it myself.

palinka 17:07 22 Jul 09

some years ago when our son broke his laptop screen we sent the laptop to his insurance co and THEY did the legwork of finding a replacement and having it fitted.

ami 02:29 14 Sep 09

I'm probably a bit late with this reply but I've recently replaced the screen on my Toshiba laptop. It's not at all difficult to do, a bit fiddly as some of the screws are very small but otherwise it's an half-hour job.
Just remember to remove the battery before starting the job and be careful removing the screen bezel as thet can be a bit fragile.
There's quite a few web sites giving illustarted 'how to' guides, there's even one on ebay!
click here

Legslip 13:31 17 Sep 09

Thanks everyone. I was going to do it myself but on the PBell two of the bezel screws were unreachable so I did send it away to one of the suggested sites to be done. They did an excellent job. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…