Laptop Screen not responding after long shutdown

moekah 16:05 16 Jan 06

I haven't used my laptop for more than three months and when I wanted to turn it on, I got a black screen. I have tried it several times and I still get a black screen. What could be the reason and how to fix it? I remember a year ago, it happened to me and I gave to a friend who fixed it by just keep hitting so many keys while starting the laptop. Is this an ideal way to fix such a problem? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Moe

moekah 09:37 17 Jan 06

I would appreciate some help from you guys

wee eddie 10:02 17 Jan 06

Laptops are usually pretty short on connections, but there are many folk who use an external monitor.

Others will have to tell you how to do it.

You will need to post the connections available on the Laptop and the Monitor connection type as well.

moekah 16:59 18 Jan 06

No I don't have a moniter to check it... I may try to find one... but I think the laptop is Ok... my gut feelinh is that this is a software issue... what do you think?

Curio 20:00 18 Jan 06

Are you connected to the Mains Electricity when turning on? any lights showing to indicate power is on the PC? Check the Mains cable fuse and socket you are using if answer is no. Check all connections are snug and tight.

Belatucadrus 22:38 18 Jan 06

Try adjusting the brightness, my old FIC would occasionaly lose its settings and go black, fiddling with the brightness usually got it back.

Curio 14:00 19 Jan 06

My old Sony laptop sometimes freezes and does nothing. To solve this I Hold down the on/off button for a good ten seconds after the PC switches off. Gave it half a minute and then re-booted, cured it each time, worth a try, cannot think of anything else other than a visit to a PC repairer

wee eddie 15:58 19 Jan 06

As you turn on.

Keep tapping, either the F8 key, or the F5 key. Do this continuously until you get a beep from the Laptop.

moekah 14:46 23 Jan 06

Thanks to wee eddie for his advice... i kept tapping the F5 and F8 keys together until the moniter started to work... thanks again

wee eddie 16:09 23 Jan 06

So - you will have started in Safe Mode.

Now go into the Control Panel and check the Display Settings. Check the last 2 Tabs - Appearance and Settings

woodchip 16:24 23 Jan 06

Remove the Laptop Battery and just use on mains

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…