laptop screen keeps blacking out when I type

mco 21:39 20 Nov 06

Any suggestions for this annoying habit which has happened ever since I bought this six months ago? I should take it back I suppose but it's the thought of having to back up and then reinstall everything. Quite often when I hit the keys, the screen will go black for a second, then return - all as was before, nothing lost - but it niggles. Sometimes it does it several times in a row and sometimes not at all. Might it be an overheating thing? A loose connection?
Thanks for all ideas. It only happens when I type; never under other circumstances.

Ashrich 01:30 21 Nov 06

Sounds like a loose ribbon connector to the screen , Does it happen more on the top letters on the keyboard where the screen connector should be ?

Ashley

mco 17:49 21 Nov 06

I'll have a look next time it happens - though I think it happens anywhere on the keyboard. Especially if I hold an arrow key for a length of time and scroll down.

Graham. 17:54 21 Nov 06

Have a tap round with a pencil. It's unlikely to be a software fault.

It's vital you get this fixed right away. The vendor may say you've dropped it.

woodchip 18:13 21 Nov 06

It sounds like loos connection to the screen, There is one at both ends just above the Keyboard. The Keyboard sounds like it is flexing and touching this connection. You should take the Latopback.

mco 20:00 21 Nov 06

thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5